Friday, September 26, 2008

We DID It!

We had our first Thursday evening meeting. 7 ladies showed up! YEAH! I think they had a good time. One sister in particular is afraid of the 1/4" seams, but I assured her no worries! We're learning the rules of quilting and later we'll learn how to break the rules!

I had the camera sitting right there and I forgot to take pictures when everyone was here! What a loser I am.

So here's a picture of our project. Well, at least my version. Everyone has the assignment to go get fabric of their choice. I can't wait to see what they'll come back to our next meeting with.

We're going to start a Friday morning class for those who can't attend on Thursday evenings. Which BTW our next Thursday class will be October 23rd; 7:00pm; My house. I can't do next Friday, but let's shoot for Friday morning October 10th @ 10:00. We have a "partay" room next to the sewing room, so if you have small children and they can occupy themselves with toys and a movie and allow us to sew, you are welcome to bring them. This will be the starter class, so bring the items listed in the last post and we'll get to know some basics.
My mess, I still need clean up!!


2 comments:

Donna said...

Lauri,
Denise and I bought our fabric today! I guess I'm really going to do this.

Janette said...

I'm so excited! Going shopping tomorrow--hopefully I don't break the bank!